[kata-dev] OpenInfra Project Update Videos - Community Comms

Treva Williams treva at openinfra.dev
Mon May 22 18:54:31 UTC 2023

Greetings Kata Herders,

Historically, the OpenInfra Foundation has been collecting video recordings to capture project updates from each OpenInfra community. These videos were initially collected leading up to each OpenInfra Summit to showcase  the accomplishments of each project in the past year/release. This year we are implementing a change to the cadence of collecting this video content, to better fit with the communities' timeline, milestones and achievements. It will also help us better promote the new content, without it getting lost among the news and buzz around the OpenInfra Summit.

Moving forward, the community will need to make decisions about items, such as the cadence and format of recording the project updates.

Cadence:
There are various options to pick from. The community can define a stable cadence, stick to bigger milestones, like major releases, project anniversaries, and more.

Format:
The community can produce pre-recorded content, which can include slide materials, and share that with us. If there is enough content and volunteers, the community also has the option to talk about the latest project news and updates during an OpenInfra Live episode. We will post all recordings on the OpenInfra Foundation YouTube channel and promote them in relevant social media channels.

Timeline:
The new process will start after this year's OpenInfra Summit, which will happen on June 13-15 in Vancouver, Canada. After the event, we can discuss the above items in the Architecture Committee meeting following the event and take next steps in the process. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Have a lovely week.

Cheers,
trilliams

Kata Containers | OpenInfra Foundation
Spoutible: OGtrilliams