[kata-dev] Candidate nominations is closed!

Fabiano Fidêncio fabiano at fidencio.org
Wed Apr 12 15:29:45 UTC 2023

Hello Kata Citizens,

On behalf of Wainer Moschetta and myself, Fabiano Fidêncio, as the
approved election officials, it's a pleasure to announce that the
"Candidate nomination period" for the Kata Containers architecture
committee elections is now closed.

Wainer joined me on this effort as an election official as Steve
Horsman had to leave for reasons to be seen later in this email.

As it's been known, we have 4 positions opened and we've had 6 very
good candidates running for those 4 seats:
* Archana Shinde:
https://github.com/kata-containers/community/blob/main/elections/arch-committee-2023-04/ArchanaShinde.txt
* Feng Wang: https://github.com/kata-containers/community/blob/main/elections/arch-committee-2023-04/FengWang.txt
* Jeremi Piotrowski:
https://github.com/kata-containers/community/blob/main/elections/arch-committee-2023-04/JeremiPiotrowski.txt
* Samuel Ortiz:
https://github.com/kata-containers/community/blob/main/elections/arch-committee-2023-04/SamuelOrtiz.txt
* Steve Horsman:
https://github.com/kata-containers/community/blob/main/elections/arch-committee-2023-04/SteveHorsman.txt
* Tao Peng: https://github.com/kata-containers/community/commit/75cd2ac8c1563c45362d77b1f2d448864ea22660

Please, from Tomorrow (April 13th, 2023), feel free to send questions
for the Q&A/Debate period, and remember that you, as a potential
candidate, is very welcome to also send your questions. :-)

The remaining timeline for the election process is:
 * April 13, 15:00 UTC - April 23, 2023 14:59 UTC: Q&A/Debate period
 * April 24, 15:00 UTC - May 01, 2023 14:59 UTC: Voting open
 * May 02, 2023, results announced

A reminder on who can vote:

Anyone who has had a commit merged into the project in the last 12
months will be eligible to vote. All eligible voters will receive an
email with a link to the voting system once the voting period opens.

More details of the election process are outlined at [3] and in the
etherpad at [4].

Note, once candidacy entry has closed and we enter the debate period.
We will be openly asking the candidates some questions around their
candidacy.

The community is encouraged to submit questions via the election
officials and etherpad at [4] - get your thinking caps on now in
preparation... we shall then filter, review, and choose a set of
suitable questions for the candidates.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the election process!

[1] https://github.com/kata-containers/community/tree/master/elections#architecture-committee-responsibilities
[2] https://github.com/kata-containers/community/tree/main/elections/arch-committee-2023-04
[3] https://github.com/kata-containers/community/tree/main/elections
[4] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/KataArchCommElections-Spring-2023