[kata-dev] February 2021 Kata Containers Architecture Committee elections is over.

Fabiano FidĂȘncio fabiano at fidencio.org
Wed Mar 10 15:00:00 UTC 2021

Kata citizens,

On behalf of myself, Fabiano FidĂȘncio, and Ricardo Avarena, as the
approved election officials, we'd like to announce that the period for
Architecture Committee elections submissions is now closed, and so is
this round of elections.

We are am happy to announce that we have had submissions from:
- Peng Tao
- Samuel Ortiz

You can view those submissions at:
https://github.com/kata-containers/community/tree/master/elections/arch-committee-2021-02

Given we have two open seats and two candidates, the election is now over.

We'd like to invite everyone to welcome Peng Tao to his new role at
the Architecture Committee,  and to congratulate Samuel Ortiz for
renewing his role!

Last but not least, here's a reminder of the Architecture Committee
Responsibilities.

Architecture Committee members guide the technical direction of the
Kata Containers project. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Serving the Kata technical community
* Driving technical direction
* Handling interactions with other governance bodies
* Acting as the final call in technical disputes
* Ensuring inclusive, open collaboration and development
* Identifying gaps in technical direction or community health
* Attending Architecture Committee meetings
* Regular participation (and advanced notice of absences) in online
Arch Committee meetings and in-person meetings is expected
* Actively participates in Kata Containers design and development
* Not restricted to code contributions, but active input and guidance
is expected

Changes to our community documents will be done along this and the
coming week to reflect the results of this election.

Again, congratulations Samuel and Tao!

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano FidĂȘncio