[kata-dev] [elections] [2021-02] Samuel Ortiz candidacy

Samuel Ortiz sameo at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 9 08:56:35 UTC 2021

All,

I'd like to run for renewing my AC seat, as part of the 2021-02 election
round.

Name: Samuel Ortiz

Email: sameo at linux.intel.com

Background:

I am a Principal Software Engineer working for Intel, where I work on
several projects related to virtualization and containers: Kata
Containers, rust-vmm and Cloud Hypervisor.

I started to work on Kata Containers a few years ago, back when I
initially led the Clear Containers project at Intel. Since then I have
contributed to many different areas of the project, from core components
like the virtcontainers package to integration work with the CRI-O and
containerd projects.

Together with the folks from hyper.sh, we began the Kata Containers
journey with the ambitious goal of providing stronger isolation to cloud
native workloads, with minimal overhead. Three years ago, this was a
fairly innovative approach and at some point I stopped counting the number
of hours that Xu, Eric, Peng or myself spent at conferences, meetups or
foundation booths demonstrating how Kata Containers met that promise. I
believe it is now time to bring the next generation of hardware isolation
and confidentiality technologies to the cloud native ecosystem, and in the
upcoming months I'd like to help the Kata Containers project reach that goal.