[kata-dev] kata-containers and Firecracker's MMDS usage

Barbu, Iulian iul at amazon.com
Thu Apr 16 13:36:41 UTC 2020

Hi, Tao,

Thanks for letting us know.
Please reach out if anything comes up.

Best regards,
Iulian
________________________________
Iulian Barbu
Email: iul at amazon.com
Phone: +40723850616

From: Peng Tao <bergwolf at hyper.sh>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:51 AM
To: Barbu, Iulian; kata-dev at lists.katacontainers.io
Cc: Iliescu, Radu
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] [kata-dev] kata-containers and Firecracker's MMDS usage

On 2020/4/16 00:23, Barbu, Iulian via kata-dev wrote:
> Hello, everybody,

Hello Barbu,

> I am a software engineer, part of Firecracker maintainers team. I am
> reaching to you because we are working on a breaking change related to
> MMDS. We are changing the MMDS response content-type to JSON, for
> requests originating from within the guest, and plan to make a release
> soon, integrating the related changes. We want to make sure if any known
> Firecracker customer is impacted by this change.
>

> Can you please tell us if kata-containers is exposing or is planning to
> expose MMDS to guests applications?

Thanks for reaching out! kata-containers does not expose any MMDS to
guest applications at the moment. There were discussions using it for
simple container data transfer (such as kubernetes secret map etc.) but
it is not implemented.

I cannot tell if there is any customer using it internally (If so, it is
time to speak out, please!). Other than that, I'd like to say that
please feel free to make breaking changes and we'll be glad to use the
refined APIs when needed.

Cheers,
Tao

--
Into something rich and strange.

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.