[kata-dev] Proposal for metrics CI for Kata

Whaley, Graham graham.whaley at intel.com
Thu Mar 22 10:12:13 UTC 2018

Hi all,
  Re: https://github.com/kata-containers/ci/issues/6

 I have a presentation I'd to show in the next Architecture meeting on Monday April 2nd (although that is a public holiday here in the UK, so it may be presented by another member of the team), detailing what I think we'd like to get from a metrics CI system for Kata, and how we architect and implement that.

 The proposal covers implementing a Jenkins driven CI system that will track and feedback metrics on PRs and also track master branch merges to gather historical data and provide a database with analysis and visualization front end.
 This system is very much modelled on the working infrastructure we have been using for Clear Containers, and leverages a large percentage of the Jenkins infrastructure we have already for Kata QA CI.

 One requirement we don't have a good solution for yet is that the metrics runs need to be done on bare metal machines (for stable reproducible results). If anybody has ideas (or donations ;-), please bring them to the table.

I'm currently working on a proof of concept bring up locally.

Thanks,
 Graham

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)