[kata-dev] Announcing Tao Peng's candidacy for the Architecture Committee Election

Peng Tao bergwolf at hyper.sh
Fri Mar 11 15:41:53 UTC 2022

Name: Tao Peng

Email: bergwolf at hyper.sh, bergwolf at antgroup.com

Background:

I am a staff engineer at Ant Group. My primary focus is container
infrastructure related technologies.

I have been deeply engaged in Kata Containers since the start of the
project, both in development and community. I continue to be very
interested in the project and want to be part of the efforts to ensure
its success. I have served as a member of the Kata architecture
committee. And I'm running again in the new round of the architecture
committee election.

I have been an active contributor in the past in many different areas
across the runtime and the agent. I served as a member of the
vulnerability management team, the review team and the release
management team. I also advocated the project in various open source
events, conferences and meetups.

Within Ant Group, our team is responsible for the large scale Kata
Containers deployment in production. We have been pioneers in new
features and new architectures of Kata. We believe it is very important
to bridge production requirements and upstream development. We have been
actively engaged in the upstream development in the past, and will
continue to do so in the future.

Since its foundation, Kata Containers has matured quite a bit with an
expanding user-base. There are still a lot of exciting things to do.

One area is better integration in the container ecosystem. It has been a
goal of the project since the very beginning. And the current focus is
the improved integration with CNI/CSI/CRI. We expect to have a more
VM-friendly interface that will help to improve our performance and
efficiency.

Another exciting thing is the integrated rust runtime. It continues to
innovate with cloud-native virtualization in mind and makes all Kata
components work tightly together, further reduce Kata's resource
overhead and management complexity.

Last but not least, the Confidential Containers support expands the Kata
Containers threat model from protecting the infrastructure to also
protecting the workloads. It is a very appealing direction and attracts
a lot of community interests.

Kata Containers 3.0 release is paving its way to be a real thing. These
features will certainly be important part of Kata 3.0. I look forward to
continuing to contribute and help the project thrive.

Cheers,
Tao
--
Into something rich and strange.