[kata-dev] Getting Involved in Outreachy!

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 15:50:30 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone!

Now that Kata is underway in mentoring students at universities-
specifically, North Dakota State University in the US (Thank you James and
Fabiano!!)[0]- I wondered if it might be good to get setup as a community
with the Outreachy Program[1]. If you haven't heard of Outreachy before,
it's an internship program that focuses on bringing diversity to open
source projects. Internships last for about 3 months.

At this point, we should be able to get setup as a community and then down
the road, we can actually propose projects (with a mentor volunteer).

I have started an etherpad here[2]. With the questions in the application
for getting setup as a community and could really use your help!

Thanks everyone!!

-Kendall Nelson(diablo_rojo)

[0] https://twitter.com/knelson92/status/1498319025734049802
[1] https://www.outreachy.org/