[kata-dev] Weekly Kata Herders

Hunt, James O james.o.hunt at intel.com
Mon Jan 25 11:17:30 UTC 2021

 > Could we as a community consider closing all the issues opened prior to
 > 1st of January 2020?
 > This would cut down the number of open issues from 1113 to 447

<https://github.com/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+org%3Akata-containers+created%3A%3E2020-01-01+sort%3Acreated-asc+>

Fine by me. Closing the issues just changes their states and (I think?) notifies the raiser which is a useful "ping" in case it's an important issue ;)

We can close issue (per repo) very easily by:

1) Querying for the old issues, for example: https://github.com/kata-containers/kata-containers/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+created%3A%3C%3D2020-01-01
2) Selecting the top left check box to select all matching issues.
3) Selecting "Mark as" -> Closed.
4) Repeating for all other repos.

> These can be done automatically by github bots IIUC.

Yes, stalebot [1] is our friend and we do have it configured to run on all repos [2]. However, we might want to re-assess the config values we're using possibly as I don't think they've been reviewed for a long time now.

Cheers,

James

[1] - https://github.com/probot/stale,  https://github.com/apps/stale
[2] - https://github.com/kata-containers/.github/blob/master/.github/stale.yml