[kata-dev] Elections for Kata Containers Architecture Committee: Justin He

Justin He Justin.He at arm.com
Tue Sep 15 08:39:01 UTC 2020

Kata-containers Architecture Committee Candidacy Declaration

Platform: Arm

Candidate: Justin He <Justin.He at arm.com>

I'm working for Arm Electronic Technology (Shanghai) Co.Ltd.
This candidacy is representing Arm company to be voted for one seat of the
Kata-container architecture committee.

My current role is Principal Engineering in the Open Source Software Group and I
am working on virtualization and container technology on the Arm platform. I
have more than 10 years of experience in low level Linux software development,
especially for linux kernel and hardware virtualization development including
KVM and qemu.

In recent years, our team started development on:
 - Enablement the Kata runtime for arm64
 - CI maintenance for Kata arm64
 - firecracker arm64 support
 - Cloud hypervisor arm64 enablement
 - Kubernetes integration test on arm64
 - Optimize the performance of Kata runtime/agent/vmm/kernel

We believe Kata-containers is a fast developping project and that it will have
much broader applicability across different architectures and use cases,
especially within the emerging next-generation IoT and 5G era!  These
different use cases will generate new design requirements of the underlying
architecture and we believe strongly that good multi-architecture support will
be essential to position Kata-containers for broad adoption throughout the cloud
native ecosystem.  We still have strong interests in the future of Kata project
and will keep enabling and tuning Kata in many aspects.

We look forward to driving these changes together, so the Kata-containers project
can reach its full potential!

Cheers,
Justin (Jia He)

Justin (Jia He)