[kata-dev] Elections for Kata Containers Architecture Committee: Eric Ernst

Xu Wang xu at hyper.sh
Tue Sep 15 05:19:28 UTC 2020

Welcome back :)

From:Eric Ernst <eric.g.ernst at gmail.com>
Send Time:2020年9月15日(星期二) 13:06
To:kata-dev <kata-dev at lists.katacontainers.io>
Subject:[kata-dev] Elections for Kata Containers Architecture Committee: Eric Ernst

Kata folk,

I am declaring my candidacy for the AC!
---
Name: Eric Ernst

Email: eric_ernst at apple dot com

Background:

I am a senior software engineer at Apple, focused on cloud infrastructure, and despite a couple of exciting employer changes this year,
I continue to be very interested in this project, and engaged in the Kata community as a contributor.

Since the initial discussions of creating Kata started I have been an active contributor and advocate for the
project, both in code and in the greater Kata community/ecosystem. I am running again as I am very interested in this project's success in
the ecosystem, and am focused on making sure Kata continues to be a production-ready solution for providing stronger container isolation.

Over the last two years, I have served as a member of the Kata Containers architecture committee. As I stated last year, the project has
matured a lot, with expanding production usage and user-base. Even more so now, we have a lot of important changes this year:
Cloud Hypervisor VMM support, PodOverhead support in Kubernetes, cgroups-v2 support, cpuset support, rust-agent support, improved telemetry/observability,
virtio-fs support. Each of these are important improvements that make the project more attractive and viable for production use cases.

We still have a lot of interesting work to do, and I look forward to continuing to contribute to the project.
Thanks,
Eric