[kata-dev] Elections for Kata Containers Architecture Committee: Eric Ernst

Eric Ernst eric.g.ernst at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 05:05:48 UTC 2020

Kata folk,

I am declaring my candidacy for the AC!

---

Name: Eric Ernst

Email: eric_ernst at apple dot com

Background:

I am a senior software engineer at Apple, focused on cloud infrastructure,
and despite a couple of exciting employer changes this year,

I continue to be very interested in this project, and engaged in the Kata
community as a contributor.

Since the initial discussions of creating Kata started I have been an
active contributor and advocate for the

project, both in code and in the greater Kata community/ecosystem. I am
running again as I am very interested in this project's success in

the ecosystem, and am focused on making sure Kata continues to be a
production-ready solution for providing stronger container isolation.

Over the last two years, I have served as a member of the Kata Containers
architecture committee. As I stated last year, the project has

matured a lot, with expanding production usage and user-base. Even more so
now, we have a lot of important changes this year:

Cloud Hypervisor VMM support, PodOverhead support in Kubernetes, cgroups-v2
support, cpuset support, rust-agent support, improved
telemetry/observability,

virtio-fs support. Each of these are important improvements that make the
project more attractive and viable for production use cases.

We still have a lot of interesting work to do, and I look forward to
continuing to contribute to the project.

Thanks,

Eric