[kata-dev] Future planning: How to handle the deprecation and eventual EOL of Kata 1.x ?

Hunt, James O james.o.hunt at intel.com
Thu Oct 15 10:56:45 UTC 2020

Hi All,

First - don't panic! This isn't happening yet! ;)

However, as we are on the cusp of a 2.0 release, I think it makes sense to start _thinking_ about the future when we will, at some point, stop maintaining the Kata 1.x branches.

As such, please comment on the issue below so we can start "shaking out the issues" earlier rather than later:

https://github.com/kata-containers/kata-containers/issues/966

Cheers,

James
---
https://katacontainers.io/ | https://github.com/kata-containers
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ.
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47