[kata-dev] Issue backlog

Christophe de Dinechin dinechin at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 11:49:27 UTC 2020

> On 5 Aug 2020, at 13:02, Hunt, James O <james.o.hunt at intel.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Christophe,
>
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 10:59, Christophe de Dinechin <cdupontd at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Could you add me to the reviewer rota for EMEA?
>
> Thanks! And done:
>
> https://github.com/kata-containers/community/wiki/Review-Team-Rota
>
> Aside: I've also swapped Penny with Jianyong Wu after Penny's recent post, but feel free to update the wiki if you'd like Penny/Jianyong!
>
> > 3.1) Consider re-enabling the stalebot [3.1] trigger [3.2] that used to auto-close issues that hadn't seen activity for a long time [3.3].
>
> Could we mark them with a "stale" label rather than auto-close?
>
> Often, really old stuff is still relevant. It takes a human reviewer to determine if it's for example a bug that nobody reproduced, in which case auto-close makes sense, or a feature that nobody implemented, but that we all see as useful, in which case auto-close is counter-productive.
> I like this idea. We already have a stale label and we can just tweak the stalebot config to specify "daysUntilClose = flase" to only add the "stale" label.
>
> > 6) Consider creating a Kanban board for the PR backlog to make that easier to manage too.
>
> Do you think it's possible to also move the original issue to a "PR" state?
>
> I'm not sure I follow what you mean here?

Normally, we have a PR and the issue that the PR addresses.

I understood your point 6 above as having a Kanban board specifically for PRs.

But I think it would be helpful if we found a way, when creating the PR, to automatically move the issue(s) the PR addresses to some special "PR" state. In JIRA, you can have multiple states in the same column, so you could consider "PR" as a kind of "in progress" state. Or it could have its own column.