[kata-dev] Issue backlog

Hunt, James O james.o.hunt at intel.com
Wed Aug 5 11:02:02 UTC 2020

Hi Christophe,

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 10:59, Christophe de Dinechin <cdupontd at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Could you add me to the reviewer rota for EMEA?

Thanks! And done:

https://github.com/kata-containers/community/wiki/Review-Team-Rota

Aside: I've also swapped Penny with Jianyong Wu after Penny's recent post,
but feel free to update the wiki if you'd like Penny/Jianyong!

> > 3.1) Consider re-enabling the stalebot [3.1] trigger [3.2] that used to
> auto-close issues that hadn't seen activity for a long time [3.3].
>
> Could we mark them with a "stale" label rather than auto-close?
>
> Often, really old stuff is still relevant. It takes a human reviewer to
> determine if it's for example a bug that nobody reproduced, in which case
> auto-close makes sense, or a feature that nobody implemented, but that we
> all see as useful, in which case auto-close is counter-productive.

I like this idea. We already have a stale label and we can just tweak the
stalebot config to specify "daysUntilClose = flase" to only add the "stale"
label.

> > 6) Consider creating a Kanban board for the PR backlog to make that
> easier to manage too.
>
> Do you think it's possible to also move the original issue to a "PR" state?

I'm not sure I follow what you mean here?

> If you'd like to get involved in any of the above (particularly the
> actual reviewing of issues), again, please let us know ;-)
>
> I will try to spend a bit more time on reviewing. These tools help.

Thanks very much Christophe! ;)

Cheers,

James
---
https://katacontainers.io/ | https://github.com/kata-containers
<https://github.com/clearcontainers>
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3
1RJ.