[kata-dev] Thursday summit lunch to talk about Zuul

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed May 30 21:39:38 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 30, 2018, at 11:29 AM, Ernst, Eric wrote:
> To follow up…
>
> Thanks for proactively setting this up, Clark.  It was good to chat with
> the group.  I meant to type up my takeaways last week, but time got
> away.  As I recall, the plan is to have the Zuul folks create an initial
> setup to track the shim [1] and/or proxy [2] repositories, where an
> example set of jobs would be created.  As discussed, the jobs used in
> Kata today are quite simple, and are based on kicking off work on Azure.
>

> Clark, can you help fill in the gaps on who we should expect to work
> with on this (I don’t recall specifically who created the azure portion
> in zuul, for example).

The first step is to add the openstack zuul github application to these repositories. The process for that is documented at https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#hosted-on-github and I've pinged Jonathan asking if he can do that (though I understand he is currently busy with other things so it hasn't happened yet).

Once the Github application is installed on the proxy and/or shim repos we can configure Zuul to listen for the web hook events and trigger jobs. I expect that an openstack infra root will work on this.

Tristan Cacqueray (tristanC) wrote the nodepool Azure driver and I expect would be happy to have help testing and debugging that. However, I think we can likely start running the first job on vexxhost so that we can work on that in parallel to the nodepool azure driver (this is a cloud we already boot instances on).

I'm happy to help coordinate and point people at the other appropriate people to work on $item. I expect this will get easier once we get some of the initial steps done and can point at concrete pieces of configuration and job results.

> Thanks!
>
> Eric
>

> [1] https://github.com/kata-containers/shim
>
> [2] https://github.com/kata-containers/proxy