[kata-dev] Question: Kata Containers release and packaging process

Cameron Seader cseader at suse.com
Fri Apr 6 17:18:06 UTC 2018

On 04/06/2018 10:06 AM,  Venegas Munoz, Jose Carlos  wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I would like to raise some questions  about do an early 0.1 release for
> Kata.
>
> Eric Cardona is working on provide some packaging tooling for Kata
> Containers. The tools are an automation
>
> to build packages in OBS[1]. Seems that  OBS system does not allow to
> access to internet, this is something
>
> that is needed today to build a Kata Containers image. The image builder
> will pull some extra packages to
>
> build the rootfs and the agent to create it.

Yes, you are right. This has been something that the OBS team has been
looking into. Not sure if they have a resolution for this in mind yet.
It sure would be nice though.

What does it download during the build process? Can this be streamlined
so that these packages are built in OBS in the future?
Thanks,

--
Cameron Seader
Technology Strategist