[kata-dev] Kata Containers Architecture Committee Candidacy: Gerry Liu

Gmail liuj97 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:18:15 UTC 2022

Name: Gerry Liu
Email: gerry at linux dot alibaba dot com

Background
I’m a software engineer at Alibaba Cloud, working on Operating System and cloud infrastructure related technologies. I have rich development experiences about Linux kernel, container image acceleration, rust based micro-vm and confidential containers.

Since 2019 I’m working on technologies related to Kata Containers, and is one of the advocators to rustify Kata Containers. I have also contributed to Kata agent-rs, runtime-rs, embedded Dragonball vmm and Nydus image acceleration service. During last year I have put much efforts to enable new features for Kata Containers, such as
1) introduced/contributed runtime-rs/Dragonball to Kata 3.0
2) enhanced td-shim and image-rs to support confidential containers
3) helped to integrate Nydus with Kata
4) put Kata into production with large deploy base

In the coming year, I plan to cooperate with the community to work on following topics:
1) make runtime-rs/Dragonball as the default option
2) enhance Dragonball to support confidential containers
3) enhance Dragonball to better support GPUs, other accelerators and DPUs.
4) share more code base between Dragonball and Cloud Hypervisor

And most importantly I will help to integrate Kata Containers into OpenAnolis Linux distribution and enlarge the user base:)

Thanks,
Gerry