[kata-dev] Kata Containers Architecture Committee Candidacy: Eric Ernst

Eric Ernst eric.g.ernst at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 04:18:36 UTC 2022

Name: Eric Ernst
Email: eric_ernst at apple dot com

Background:

I am a software engineer at Apple, focused on cloud infrastructure, and I
continue to be very invested in this project and have been engaged in the
Kata community as a contributor and user.

Since the initial discussions of creating Kata started, I have been an
active contributor and advocate for the project, both in code and in the
greater Kata community/ecosystem. I am running again as I am very
interested in this project's success in the ecosystem, and am very focused
on making sure Kata continues to be a stable, production-ready solution for
providing stronger container isolation.

Over the last year, I invested time ensuring that we have a solution for
using virtio-blk for PVCs, ensuring we have overhead and sandbox sizing
requirements available at Kata sandbox creation time, as well as
introducing a method for setting IPtables in the guest to support virtual
cluster use cases. One area I'm looking forward to driving this next year
is finishing adding support for running shimv2 on Darwin, as well as
contributing to the community's peer-pod solutions.

We still have a lot of interesting work to do, and I look forward to
continuing to contribute to the success of Kata Containers!

--Eric