[kata-dev] Elections for Kata Architecture Committee: Fupan Li

fupan li lifupan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:55:50 UTC 2022

Name: Fupan Li

Email: lifupan at gmail.com

Background:

I’m one of the Kata Container communities maintainer and active contributor since 2018,
during the past few years, I developed the Kata Container shimv2, which promoted Kata
Container from multi process model  into only two process(shimv2 and vmm) model, at the
same time, it made  Kata Container much more populated and adoptable in the k8s community.
In addition, I’m the author of the rust version of the kata-agent, which bring Kata Containers
from 1.0 to 2.0. Last but not lease, I’m the architecture and key developer of the rust version’s
kata runtime, which had been opened and contributed to runtime-rs.

In addition to that, I worked in Ant Group , which maintained the largest Kata Containers cluster,
as an senior engineer, I’m responsible for the implementation and development of the kata container
inside Ant, and I am confident that based on my development and land experience on the Ant Group,
as well as the maintenance work of the community, I’d try my best to contribute much more to the
Kata community.