[kata-dev] Elections of Kata Architecture Committee: Feng Wang

Feng Wang feng.wang at databricks.com
Mon Nov 7 07:32:07 UTC 2022

Name: Feng Wang

Email: feng.wang at databricks.com

Background:

I’m a software engineer at Databricks, where I work on the multi-cloud
platform team. I became involved in the project 14 months ago and have been
an active contributor and community member since then.

At Databricks, Kata Containers has become a foundational piece that drives
multiple production use cases. In the near future, we’re expecting to
onboard more use cases to Kata Containers at an even larger scale. A stable
and high quality Kata Container runtime is critical for our business. The
way Databricks uses Kata Containers also tests its limits. Within the past
12 months, we have found several stability bugs, feature and performance
gaps.

My main motivation is to make Kata Containers more stable and further
improve its production quality, which is also essential for increasing its
industry adoption. We at Databricks also made several performance
improvements on Kata Containers, which I’d love to bring upstream for
performance sensitive workloads. I’m also interested in continuing
improving the integration between Kata Containers and kubelet/CSI/CNI/CRI,
especially on device/resource allocation. Last but not least, I’m very
excited with the runtime-rs and would love to help make the migration
smooth and uneventful.

Regards,
Feng