[kata-dev] AC meeting survey results & alternative solutions

trilliams | Kata Containers treva at openinfra.dev
Tue Aug 23 18:28:22 UTC 2022

Greetings everyone,

Thank you to everyone who took time to share feedback on current AC meeting scheduling. After reviewing votes on the last framadate survey ([ https://framadate.org/GO2wwx57RTEOxXWG ]( https://framadate.org/GO2wwx57RTEOxXWG )), the majority of voters have elected to keep the architecture meeting at it's current time of 8am ET/ 3PM UTC/ 11PM CST

Based on feedback received so far, the current time slot proves to be uncomfortable for a lot of APAC community members, yet rescheduling to an earlier slot would be inconvenient for those on the west coast. As a compromise, I'd like to propose alternating meeting times weekly to better accommodate those on the other side of the globe.

Ex:
Aug 30th - 8AM PT/ 3PM UTC/ 11pm CST
September 6th - 8PM PT/ 3AM UTC/ 11AM CST
Sept 13th - 8AM PT/ 3PM UTC/ 11pm CST

These are only examples as I don't expect anyone to stay awake until 3AM, but if you find the idea worth exploring I would greatly appreciate feedback on APAC-friendly time slots that (hopefully) won't make anyone too miserable. Surveys are available on Google  ([ https://forms.gle/jgJqEq8MSHhACsEVA ]( https://forms.gle/jgJqEq8MSHhACsEVA )) & on Framadate ([ https://framadate.org/1kqEwoL78tkegh1p ]( https://framadate.org/1kqEwoL78tkegh1p )), or if you'd prefer you can reach me by email or on kata-containers slack @trilliams.

Thank you all for your time & for making an incredible community.

Regards,
trilliams

OpenInfra Foundation
Technical Community Manager