[kata-dev] Nominate Peng Tao as an AC candidate

Xu Wang xu at hyper.sh
Wed Mar 3 17:00:08 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

I missed the last AC meeting because I had to attend the foundation board meeting
because our company, Ant Group, has joined the OIF. And we commit we will keep working
with Kata Containers for future great releases.

Because I will work with the foundation board and other affairs, I nominate Peng Tao as
an AC candidate. He is one of the Kata top contributors in our team, and a release manager
of many kata releases. I believe he is the guy we could trust.

I won't leave the community and I and all my team members will keep supporting Peng Tao's job.

Name: Peng, Tao

Email: bergwolf at hyper.sh, bergwolf at antgroup.com

Background:

Peng Tao is a staff engineer of Ant Group. In Ant Group, we have large deployments of Kubernetes
and about 10K nodes of them are running Kata containers. Our team is responsible for the runtime
and cloud-native storage of Ant Group.

Peng Tao, together with Xu and other teammates, used to be the dev team of hyper.sh. The team was
one of the creators of Kata Containers, and has kept working on Kata Containers since joining
Ant Group. When the Kata Containers project was created, Peng Tao committed the first commit for it:

https://github.com/kata-containers/proxy/commit/94a07ff010b80fad8235278032d0b58927d4f1d5

And he was known as the release manager of the Kata 2.0 as well.

In 2021, Ant Group has joined the Open Infrastructure and become a member of the board of directors.
We commit our team will keep working with the Kata Community for the following release cycles.

--
Xu Wang (@gnawux)
Senior Staff Engineer at Ant Financial