[kata-dev] February 2021 Kata Containers Architecture Committee elections are open! (round 2)

Fabiano Fidêncio fabiano at fidencio.org
Tue Mar 2 16:50:03 UTC 2021

Hello Kata Citizens,

On behalf of myself, Fabiano Fidêncio, and Ricardo Aravena, as the
approved election officials, it's a pleasure to announce that the Kata
Containers Architecture Committee Elections for February 2021 are
open!

There are two Architecture Committee seats up for election. The seats up
for election are currently filled by `Xu Wang`, and `Samuel Ortiz`.

The timeline for the election process is:
• Election officials approved by AC: February 23
* February 24, 15:00 UTC - March 10, 2021 14:59 UTC: Candidate nominations open
* March 10, 15:00 UTC - March 22, 2021 14:59 UTC: Q&A/Debate period
* March 23, 15:00 UTC - March 29, 2021 14:59 UTC: Voting open
* March 30, 2021, results announced

The window will be open for candidates to post their submissions, from
February 24th, 15:00 UTC. The process to submit a nomination is:

 1) Review the responsibilities of the Architecture Committee members [1]
 2) Between now and March 3 at 14:59 UTC, you can declare your
candidacy for one of the open seats by submitting a text file with
your name (please put your name as the file name), the reason for
running, and your platform/objectives to this folder [2]. Please also
send a message to the kata-dev ML with this same info, declaring your
candidacy.

Who can vote:

Anyone who has had a commit merged into the project in the last 12
months will be eligible to vote. All eligible voters will receive an
email with a link to the voting system once the voting period opens.

More details of the election process are outlined at [3] and in the
etherpad at [4].
Note, once candidacy entry has closed and we enter the debate period,
where we will be openly asking the candidates some questions around
their candidacy.

The community is encouraged to submit questions via the election
officials and etherpad at [4] - get your thinking caps on now in
preparation... we shall then filter, review, and choose a set of
suitable questions for the candidates.

Please let us know if you have any questions about running for a seat
or the election process!

[1]
https://github.com/kata-containers/community/tree/master/elections#architecture-committee-responsibilities
[2]