[kata-dev] [Kata-hypervisor] macos support?

Xu Wang xu at hyper.sh
Wed Apr 7 07:46:39 UTC 2021

Hi Victor,

I agree it would be useful if we could support macOS natively, which will
turn kata into a development tool.

Actually we had done some investigation years ago (maybe before we launched
kata project in late 2017). Some of the issues (at that time) for xhyve included:

- kata employs hotplugging for resources;
- we don't have a proper image storage engine;

It's too long time ago, maybe these issues have been solved, and maybe there
were other issues I missed.

However, I think it would be nice if we could have an elegant macOS.

What do you think about, Eric?

Xu