[kata-dev] Elections for Kata Architecture Committee: Eric Ernst

Ernst, Eric eric.ernst at intel.com
Tue Sep 10 16:08:56 UTC 2019

Hey ya’ll,

Let’s get this election session started!

I have enjoyed working on this project, and would love to continue to contribute any way I can. Please find my candidacy PR at [1].

Thanks,
Eric

[1] - https://github.com/kata-containers/community/pull/117

PS: If anyone needs encouragement to submit their candidacy, please reach out! I’d love to have a diverse group of contributors and users on the committee!

--

Name: Eric Ernst

Email: eric.ernst at intel.com

Background:

I am a senior software engineer in Intel's Open Source Technology Center, acting both as a contributor
as well as a technical lead for the Intel-team contributing to Kata Containers. Before Kata, I spent time working
on Clear Containers, and prior to that spent a few years working on Linux kernel.

Since the initial discussions of creating Kata started I have been an active contributor and advocate for the
project, both in code and in the greater Kata community/ecosystem. While I do work within
a silicon company, one of my primary goals for helping guide Kata has been developing a neutral and
diverse contribution base. Aside from having a stable, compatible, and viable technical basis for the
project, I think a healthy and robust community is key to sustained success.

Over the last year, I have served as a member of the Kata Containers architecture committee. The project has
matured a lot over the last year, with expanding production usage and user-base. Despite this, we still have a lot of room
for development, continuing to improve our density and security profile, all while providing improved manageability
and serviceability for users who are deploying Kata. Beyond this work, we will need to focus on attaining and addressing
input from end-users, as well as adapting to and influencing the cloud native ecosystem.

In other words, we still have a lot of fun work to do! I look forward to continuing to contribute to the project.