[kata-dev] Kata community activity metrics

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Feb 11 14:39:40 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, the OSF staff has been working with Bitergia to
provide a proof-of-concept dashboard of community activity metrics for
Kata Containers. This dashboard is now available at:

https://katacontainers.biterg.io/

It currently contains the default set of Bitergia dashboards, so you
might find some panels more interesting than others. It tracks Git data,
GitHub activity, and mailing-list activity.

We have the possibility to customize or add panels, so if you see some
analysis or panel that would be specifically useful for Kata Containers,
let us know !

Some identities are duplicated (especially across data sources as people
don't use the same email address in for example git and the ML) --
although we did a pass at correcting those, there may be a few persisting.

In the same vein, some affiliations may still be "unknown" -- we are
trying to see if there would be a way for people to fix that data
directly, rather than relying on a community manager to do so.

We'll run this proof-of-concept for a year, to confirm that the data is
useful and accurate before we pursue this further. During this period,
don't hesitate to report issues or start a discussion about features.
The mailing-list is a good venue for that, until we set up a more formal
issue reporting channel (Bitergia is using Gitlab).

Thierry Carrez (ttx)