[kata-dev] kata setup instructions

Samuel Ortiz sameo at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 8 13:11:08 UTC 2018

Hi Surya,

So for now Kata supports both cc-runtime and runV, because we wanted the
Kata community to be able to run the entire stack (with either one of
the two runtimes) before we agree on the runtime codebase merge process
and steps.

But for sure we will merge those two runtimes into a single one, and the
discussion to decide which one will be the base for that work are
currently happening, see  https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/issues/31.

Eventually Clear Containers will be deprecated in favor of Kata
Containers. The deprecation period will probably start once we reach the
1.0 Kata Containers release.

Please let us know if you need further details.

Cheers,
Samuel.