[Kata-hypervisor] Firecracker Micro-VM

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 09:13:15 UTC 2018

On 27/11/18 06:42, Liguori, Anthony via Kata-hypervisor wrote:
> On a personal note, I absolutely love Rust!  I think the language was made for this purpose.

Yes, it's very interesting.  I hope to introduce Rust in QEMU too, and
I'd love to discuss with you (also based on your QEMU background) what
you think is the best way to hook Rust and C together.

A while ago I looked at https://github.com/crossbeam-rs/crossbeam-epoch,
and it seemed like it could be adapted to become an RCU implementation
and/or a wrapper for QEMU's RCU.  This would be very important since RCU
is used for several central data structures in QEMU (e.g. the memory
regions).

Paolo