[Kata-hypervisor] Continue QEMU Discussions via this ML

Samuel Ortiz samuel.ortiz at intel.com
Sun Jul 22 19:40:44 UTC 2018

Hi Mark,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 07:47:02AM +0800, Mark Collier wrote:
> Regarding the next face to face meeting, I'd like to propose we zero in on
> Denver in September, which the OSF can host since we have an event going on
> that week there. There will be other like minded people in attendance, for
> good hallway / evening talks in addition to the meeting itself so it's a
> good fit IMHO.
>
> Regardless of where we do it, I definitely believe meeting again face to
> face relatively soon is critical to continuing the momentum from Vancouver.
>
> If we do it in Denver, the likely date would be Tuesday Sept 11. FYI The
> overall PTG event is Sept 10-14 (Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel) - see
> openstack.org/PTG
>
> To host this, we will need to lock down the date soon and get a headcount
> since our events team is managing a lot that week.
>
> What do y'all think?
I definitely believe it would make sense. We (Intel) could report about our
progress on building a potentially upstreamable, legacy free x86 machine
type for QEMU. We'd also like to talk about our work on the code base
reduction, based on both this machine type and the ARM virt one only.

Cheers,
Samuel.

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros