[kata-dev] Confidential Containers Community Meeting 2022/04/07

Samuel Ortiz samuel.e.ortiz at protonmail.com
Wed Apr 6 20:59:52 UTC 2022

Hey Folks,

Another week, another meeting. We’ll discuss Confidential Containers things tomorrow, at 2pm UTC (10am EDT - 10pm CST) on our usual Zoom [1].

We will start with our usual round of updates for the CCv0 branch, the CI progress and the CNCF on-boarding process.
Then we’ll have Derek McGowan present the upcoming architectural changes for containerd. We currently depend on a non upstream (and non upstreamable) containerd feature for off-loading image management into the guest. Maintaining this containerd forks blocks us from being able to fully merge CC into Kata, and I’m hoping Derek’s presentation will help our community understand how containerd’s roadmap align with our project.

As usual, feel free to amend the agenda [1] with more topics for tomorrow or the next weeks.

Cheers,
Samuel.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E3GLCzNgrcigUlgWAZYlgqNTdVwiMwCRTJ0QnJhLZGA