[kata-dev] Proposal for a kata green CI and maintainership

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 13 20:28:58 UTC 2021

On 2021-09-13 17:08:44 -0300 (-0300), Wainer dos Santos Moschetta wrote:
[...]
> Mohammed, have you any link to the documentation of zuul on OIF?
>
> I never worked with Zuul but I'd to have a look. Thanks for
> sharing that!

Zuul's own documentation is on its https://zuul-ci.org/ site, but
user-facing docs for the deployment of it in the OpenDev
Collaboratory can be found here:
https://docs.opendev.org/opendev/infra-manual/latest/drivers.html#running-jobs-with-zuul

It's worth noting however that, while the Zuul software does have a
GitHub driver and OpenDev connects their Zuul to GitHub in order to
provide advisory testing to dependencies of projects hosted in
OpenDev, the OpenDev sysadmins concluded that gating projects hosted
outside of the OpenDev Collaboratory's Gerrit instance (e.g., on
GitHub) is not something we were able to support sustainably:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2019-January/006269.html

This was based on experiences trying to work with the Kata
community, and the "experiment" referenced in that mailing list post
eventually concluded with the removal of remaining Kata project
configuration slightly over a year ago when
https://review.opendev.org/744687 merged.

It's a topic we can reopen, but just be aware there is already
history of attempts to use OpenDev's Zuul deployment for Kata
projects.
--
Jeremy Stanley