[kata-dev] Shall we still try to release kata-containers 2.1.2?

Fabiano Fidêncio fidencio at redhat.com
Mon Sep 6 08:23:46 UTC 2021

Folks,

Last week we released kata-containers 2.2.0 (which I'll send another
email about later Today), making the stable-2.1 branch EOL.  Snir has
done a bunch of work trying to backport things so we'd have a 2.1.2
release out, but it seems that it got way too complicated due to CI
failures here and there.

With this in mind, I'm proposing we call it a life for the stable-2.1
branch, don't even try to put more effort on trying to make a last
release out of it, and focus on stable-2.2 branch for now on,
hopefully following the Guidelines suggested by Gabriela (see:
https://github.com/kata-containers/kata-containers/issues/2429).

Does someone have any objection to the plan of *NOT* releasing 2.1.2?

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio