[kata-dev] Confidential Computing Focused Discussions

James Magowan MAGOWAN at uk.ibm.com
Mon Nov 15 17:38:39 UTC 2021

For all those who have been following the Confidential Containers
discussions, last week I briefly mentioned the idea to bring us all
together so we can figure out our medium to long term path.
To that end let's kick off a discussion on how we make this focussed
discussion happen.

Would Monday 6th December to Thursday 7th December with a 1 hour meeting
every day at the same time as our current Thursday meeting work?

Each meeting would have an agreed focus with people sharing
material/thoughts ahead of time.
We won't be able to cover everything but if it works we could take lessons
learnt and repeat in futher meetings or further focussed weeks in the
future?

Some Initial thoughts for the 4 meetings
- CI/CD + Repositories
- Community Structure and expectations
- 2 on Mid Term Architecture
        - Attestation
        - Images
        - Runtimes

We should also find time to propose how we progress Birds of a Feather
discussions for longer Term.
- Baremetal / Peer Pod
- Performance / Sharing
- Identity / Service Mesh
- Longer Term Architecture
- Reproducible Builds/Demos

Does the day/time suggestion work for people?
What are your thoughts on Topics , sub points for the high level topics
above.

Thanks,
James

IBM United Kingdom Limited