[kata-dev] Outreach and Internship Programs Meeting

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 19:46:08 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take some time to follow up on this issue[1]. Fabiano and I
have been discussing these topics periodically just the two of us, but we
wanted to take some time to reach out to you all and see if anyone was
interested in joining our discussions. We are planning to meet next week
Friday, Nov 19th at 17:30 UTC. If you are interested in participating,
please reply to this thread so I can get you added to the invite!

Kata is such an awesome community and I think it would be a great addition
to mentoring programs like Outreachy. Not only that, mentoring is a great
way to bring new voices and ideas into a community and its equally
rewarding for the mentor as it is for the mentee. Documentation gets
improved, features and bugs are looked at from a new perspective, and I
find that I get a charge of energy from interacting with students :)

Come join the conversation!

-Kendall Nelson (diablo_rojo)

[1] https://github.com/kata-containers/community/issues/239