[kata-dev] how to configure kata VM's RTCClock ?

문성 seong at etri.re.kr
Thu May 27 09:29:43 UTC 2021

It seems like the kata-runtime runs a VM's clock mode as host as default. It makes the VM's clock synchronize to the clock of host machine. On host, VM runs with this qemu parameters.
     /usr/bin/qemu-vanilla-system-x86_64 …  -rtc base=utc,driftfix=slew,clock=host

But, I'd like to configure the VM RTCClock as vm not host.
I've looked into the /usr/share/defaults/kata-containers/configuration.toml file. But I can't find any field which I can configure the RTCClock.

Are there any way to configure the VM's RTCClock in kata container ?
Or, Is there any reason that you wouldn't include configuration option for the RTCClock ?

regards.
seong.