[kata-dev] Kata Containers tracing update and request for help

Hunt, James O james.o.hunt at intel.com
Tue May 25 15:50:54 UTC 2021

Hi All,

# Summary

I presented a short summary of the status of tracing with Kata Containers in the AC meeting [1] earlier today. The presentation is available in markdown format (with instructions on how to view as HTML) in [2].

# Request for help

To save you clicking, we'd like to encourage more community involvement with the tracing work. You don't need to be an expert in tracing, you just need to be keen ;B

As shown in the new GitHub tracing project [3], we'd really like help with testing, specifically:

- on different architectures.
- with different hypervisors
- with different config options.

However, there is also documentation and development work remaining (golang for the runtime and rust for the agent).

Try typing "runtime", "agent", "test" or "doc" into the "filter cards" box to see what's available.

If you're interested in any of this, add issue comments, or assign issues to yourself, or ping Chelsea or myself.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

James

[1] - https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/Kata_Containers_2021_Architecture_Committee_Mtgs
[2] - https://gist.github.com/jodh-intel/0ee54d41d2a803ba761e166136b42277
[3] - https://github.com/orgs/kata-containers/projects/28
---
https://katacontainers.io/ | https://github.com/kata-containers
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ.
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47