[kata-dev] Confidential computing meeting minutes (2021/06/10)

Samuel Ortiz samuel.e.ortiz at protonmail.com
Mon Jun 14 13:43:35 UTC 2021

All,

On June 10th, we started by going through what our Confidential Containers v0 architecture would look like (starting at slide 24 from [1]0. Although we could not finish the discussion, we managed to gather some interesting feedback along the way, like e.g. that our v0 would most likely need to run with a hacked kubelet for supporting the pod scope image pulling approach, i.e. pulling an image from the guest without sharing it with any other pod/tenant while no having kubelet believe that the pull failed.
On the image pulling topic, IBM proposed to start looking at the inital implementation steps based on skopeo.

We also started discussing about attestation, which we agreed should definitely be part of the next meetings agenda.

Talking about next week, I will not be able to attend the meeting. So we could either cancel it and resume our sessions on June 24th, or maybe have people discuss potential tasks and ownerships for the v0 approach. Let me know what you'd prefer by either replying to that email or adding something to the agendo on [2]. If the agenda is empty by 06/16 EOD, we'll cancel the meeting.

Cheers,
Samuel.

[1] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1469nSRFtlHMSDDDWVLj0i21dR9M_3SO76ehQsyVSTUk/edit?usp=sharing

[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E3GLCzNgrcigUlgWAZYlgqNTdVwiMwCRTJ0QnJhLZGA/edit?usp=sharing