[kata-dev] Confidential computing meeting minutes (2021/06/03)

Samuel Ortiz sameo at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 9 16:55:06 UTC 2021

All,

This is a very late meeting minutes report, apologies for the slack.

On June 3rd, we started discussing about the host/tenant API separation,
based on Christophe's slides [1]. We identified a few steps to follow
and what the end goal may look like. Our very first implementation may
simply be based on an agent API restriction, and thus would restrict
what use cases and workloads we'd support, there was a general agreement
that this could define a good first step for us to increment on top of.
The end goal could lift those restrictions up through a trusted/shadow
control plane that needs to be defined further.

During tomorrow's meeting, I'm proposing that we go through a summary of
what our first confidential container implementation may look like.
After our initial discussions around image service offloading and API
restrictions, I think we start to have a clearer picture of what this
very initial step may look like, and I'd like to summarize this.

Then we could resume the API restrictions discussions (And summarize
them for those that could not attend last week's meeting).

Reminder: Tomorrow (June 10th) meeting is at 3pm UTC.

Cheers,
Samuel.

[1] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TDFwrU3rdkXSTw0XYlmuV1VzSC4GkdI2bteq5GDmgAo/edit?usp=sharing