[kata-dev] Confidential computing meeting minutes (2021/05/27)

Christophe de Dinechin cdupontd at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 08:09:32 UTC 2021

> On 2 Jun 2021, at 09:52, Samuel Ortiz <sameo at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> During our May 27th meeting, we continued dicussing the image
> service offload proposal, based on a more detailed description of
> the overall proposed architecture [1].
>
> We had a large crowd attending the meeting, including key CRIO and
> containerd maintainers. Eventually, there was agreement from both of
> these projects that moving the image pulling layer in the guest makes
> sense for the confidential computing use case we're trying to build
> here.
> I'm expecting the discussions on the implementation details and steps
> to continue happening through the relevant issue [2], but we now know
> that the potential impact on CRIO and containerd is acceptable.
>
> Tomorrow, I'm proposing that we discuss about the Host/Guest API and
> how/if we'd want to split it. The agenda is at the usual place [3].

During the AC yesterday, Eric expressed some interest in the discussion,
which he described as "not 4AM interest", so he asked if we could wait
until next week to be in a US-compatible time slot.

Do we have something to fill the discussion this week?
Or do we expect the API split discussion to last for two weeks (it might)?