[kata-dev] Confidential computing meeting minutes (2021/05/27)

Samuel Ortiz sameo at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 2 07:52:11 UTC 2021

All,

During our May 27th meeting, we continued dicussing the image
service offload proposal, based on a more detailed description of
the overall proposed architecture [1].

We had a large crowd attending the meeting, including key CRIO and
containerd maintainers. Eventually, there was agreement from both of
these projects that moving the image pulling layer in the guest makes
sense for the confidential computing use case we're trying to build
here.
I'm expecting the discussions on the implementation details and steps
to continue happening through the relevant issue [2], but we now know
that the potential impact on CRIO and containerd is acceptable.

Tomorrow, I'm proposing that we discuss about the Host/Guest API and
how/if we'd want to split it. The agenda is at the usual place [3].

Last but not least: Starting from tomorrow, this meeting will alternate
between 2 time slots: 12 noon (UTC) and 3pm (UTC). Tomorrow's (June 3rd)
meeting starts at noon UTC.

Cheers,
Samuel.

[1] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1469nSRFtlHMSDDDWVLj0i21dR9M_3SO76ehQsyVSTUk/edit?usp=sharing