[kata-dev] Some question about CRI-O and shimv2

Fabiano Fidêncio fidencio at redhat.com
Wed Jul 28 08:48:31 UTC 2021

Hello Tom,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 10:41 AM 詹康彬 <jhan1998 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kata Container's official,
> Excuse me, I have a few questions about CRI-O and shimv2.
> First, Does CRI-O support shimv2 ?

It does support, but in order to have the best integration we, CRI-O
maintainers, strongly suggest you to go for the release 1.20, at
least, preferably the release 1.21.

> Second, If so how can I configure the crio.conf to launch a pod with CRI-O and shimv2

Here's one example of how we configure CRI-O as part of our CI:
https://github.com/kata-containers/tests/blob/ba4494c9902ef371102ffed234c6108487915eeb/.ci/configure_crio_for_kata.sh#L18-L23

Basically, create a drop-in file in `/etc/crio/crio.conf.d/`, with
similar content than the one pasted below:
```
runtime_path = "/usr/local/bin/containerd-shim-kata-v2"
runtime_root = "/run/vc"
runtime_type = "vm"
privileged_without_host_devices = true
[crio.runtime.runtimes.kata]