[kata-dev] govmm main branch

Middleton, Dan dan.middleton at intel.com
Wed Jul 21 20:47:07 UTC 2021

Hi,
I'm new the community, so sorry if I have the wrong context.
If the goal is just to rename the branch I believe you can do that automagically now without manual copies and deletes...
https://github.com/github/renaming#rename-existing
" Renaming a branch will:
* Re-target any open pull requests
* Update any draft releases based on the branch
* Move any branch protection rules that explicitly reference the old name
* Update the branch used to build GitHub Pages, if applicable
* Show a notice to repository contributors, maintainers, and admins on the repository homepage with instructions to update local copies of the repository
* Show a notice to contributors who git push to the old branch
* Redirect web requests for the old branch name to the new branch name
* Return a "Moved Permanently" response in API requests for the old branch name"

Regards,
Dan