[kata-dev] GitHub actions security recommendations

Venegas Munoz, Jose Carlos jose.carlos.venegas.munoz at intel.com
Tue Jan 19 16:00:01 UTC 2021

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the article, I got two points after check it.

1. As part of our automation we should not use   "pull_request_target" trigger as will give the workflow write permissions.
2. This seems that this could be a problem even for multi repository model as we have actions both repos kata-containers and tests.

Seems that we are OK based on what I quickly check on our repos, but seems to be easily to ignore that target and have some potential issue in the future.

-
Carlos