[kata-dev] Kata backlog review updates status

Ariel Adam aadam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 17:49:11 UTC 2021

Hi everyone.
After many many weekly backlog review meetings we have finally gotten the
backlog of "needs-review" issues (opened since January 2020) to 0 open
issues :-)
<https://github.com/issues?page=1&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+org%3Akata-containers+created%3A%3E2020-01-01+-linked%3Apr+label%3Aneeds-review+sort%3Acreated-asc>
.

Kudos to everyone who joined this effort and helped getting the numbers
down week after week. Looking forward it would be great if the weekly
herders could also review the open issues and help keep the numbers low.

Moving to the next part of the backlog review work we are now focusing on
the kata-containers/kata-containers repository (we figured it would be a
good repository to start with) and the buckets we labeled in it (using
"area/*"):

https://github.com/kata-containers/kata-containers/labels?q=area%2F

The goal is to review those issues and catagorize them into 3
priorities (using labels as well):

   - high-priority
   - medium-priority
   - low-priority

This should help us later on understand where we should ask people from the
community to focus on based on priority.
Feel free to jump on those buckets and add priorities in areas you are
familiar with or join our weekly meeting (after the AC call).

Thanks.