[kata-dev] Kata containers community use cases proposals for 2021

Peng Tao bergwolf at hyper.sh
Mon Feb 22 06:27:57 UTC 2021

Hi Ariel and Samuel,

Thanks for bringing up the use case driven community planning! Besides
the two proposed use cases, we (Ant Group) would like to proposal a
third one: workload isolation. A major production use case for Kata
containers inside Alibaba and Ant Group is to put together different
workloads on the same host, and prevent them from affecting each other.
We believe it is a common use case for many other companies too. We'd
like to share our experience and improve the specific use case together
with the community.

Is the gdoc
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E3GLCzNgrcigUlgWAZYlgqNTdVwiMwCRTJ0QnJhLZGA/edit#heading=h.sebn8t4knuqa)
the place to collect proposed use cases? We can add it there if so.

Cheers,
Tao