[kata-dev] Kata containers community use cases proposals for 2021

Ariel Adam aadam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 17:06:48 UTC 2021

Hi everyone.
Samual and I would like to propose 2 use cases for the kata community to
focus on in 2021 as a way to help the community create a roadmap and
improve its overall presence. The use cases are *K8S CI/CD pipeline*
and *confidential
computing.*

In the document below we provide additional details on the overall
proposal, use cases, the why, the what and how. Generally speaking we
thought it would be more useful to present concrete use cases and a
proposed process to the community (weekly calls, commitment from companies
etc..) instead of just raising it as an open question and high level ideas.

We do however want to emphasize that this is only a proposal and we see it
as a beginning of a discussion we hope to have in the community regarding
the plans for 2021.

Feel free to add comments/suggestions in the doc or reply on this mail
thread with your comments/feedback.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E3GLCzNgrcigUlgWAZYlgqNTdVwiMwCRTJ0QnJhLZGA/edit#heading=h.sebn8t4knuqa

Thanks.

Samual and Ariel.