[kata-dev] Confidential Computing Meeting 8/19/21

Tobin Feldman-Fitzthum tobin at linux.ibm.com
Wed Aug 18 22:15:11 UTC 2021

Hey Everyone,

Our Confidential Containers use-case meeting is Thursday at 3:00 UTC /
11:00 Eastern.

At last week's Confidential Containers use-case meeting we heard about
an opportunity to share our work via a HiPEAC CSW session. We got an
update on project status and revisited our CCv0 milestones. We heard
about some of the recent progress upstreaming SEV extensions needed for
confidential containers. We also heard from Steven Horsman about how to
best integrate our work into the Kata CI system and we touched on adding
SEV and TDX machines to the CI pipeline. In other words, we covered a
lot. Some of these topics might even spill over into this week. The
recording of last week's meeting is available if you would like to
relive the excitement [1].

This week we will take some time to hear about the status of each
component of the project. We will also zoom in on the milestones that
are rapidly approaching at the beginning of September. Is anything
blocking us here? How do we want to surface each piece? We will also
have time to discuss the protocol between the Attestation Agent and the
KBS/GOP.

As usual, please feel free to add something to the agenda [2]. We always
have time for questions or new ideas.

-Tobin

[1]
https://zoom.us/rec/share/n7TLVrCnYW7cKalRVT2V1mCXiUsBku4DHG4A4PJYFBi4w-PdlVUxXyh1wCyn5b0r.o3rXfjHlRAqWUBAl