[kata-dev] About merging the tests repo into the kata-containers one

Cameron Meadors cmeadors at redhat.com
Tue Aug 17 18:59:48 UTC 2021

I only have one comment that I have already made and it got some traction
so worth bringing up again.  The comment is that there is value in
separating e2e/integration tests that are not version specific from
component/unit tests that are.  There should be much less churn in the
non-version specific tests therefore reducing the overhead of having a
separate repo.  On the other hand, changes to version specific tests
normally are made at the same time as their respective code changes.  I am
not sure if we know which tests are version specific or not and if we are
ready to make a forward looking decisions like this now, but I think
keeping the test repo but only having non-versions specific tests there
would solve the problems that have been presented.  I think it also might
solve the problem that Gabriela's proposal would solve, although I don't
fully understand that problem.

Anyway, just wanted to bring that up again.  One single repo or two
separate repos will both work.  Just a matter of the tradeoffs.