[kata-dev] Arch Committee Election: Q&A period open!

Justin He Justin.He at arm.com
Wed Sep 30 07:48:38 UTC 2020

>What do you think is the most important feature missing from Kata Containers
>that will help the project increase adoption in the next year?
In the near future, there will be more and more requirements to deploy Kata on
Arm platforms compared with past time. In most cases(including K8s Integration),
Kata containers on Arm is on the same level with other architectures. But there
Is still some gaps which we can focus on:
 - Tuning IO/Network performance
 - Benchmarking and tuning more user applications e.g. nginx apache tensorflow
 - Enabling Nested virtualization in Kata after kernel/hypervisor are ready
 - Enabling acpi based mem/vcpu hotplug
 - Enhancing CloudHypervisor

Let's make Kata better in terms of features and performance 😉

Justin (Jia He)